- Name : Mukta Barve (मुक्ता बर्वे)
- City :
- Born : Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Current City : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Birth Date : 17 May 1981 Age : 38 years
About : Mukta Barve is lead actress in Marathi entertainment industry where she works in movies television serials, theatre. She is known for her role in the critically acclaimed Marathi film Jogwa.
Mukta was born on 17 May 1981 in Pune, Maharashtra. She performed in her first play Ghar tighāncha hava when she was in high school. She graduated from Pune University majoring in theatre, and joined the Dramatics program at Lalit Kala Kendra (Institute for Fine Arts), Pune. She then moved to Mumbai to focus completely on her acting career.As a student in Lalit Kala Kendra,She worked at various department like costume design,music etc.
Mukta started out by working in several TV serials such as Abhāḷamāyā, Shriyut Gangādhar Tipre, Buwā Ale and Chitta chor. Also she played Lawyer in Zee Marathi’s television show Lajja along with Girija Oak and Piyush Ranade. After starring in several plays such as Hum To Tere Ashique Hai and Final Draft, Mukta won critical acclaim for her portrayal of a Kabaddi sport enthusiast in the theatre production Kabaddi-Kabaddi, for which she won the 2007 Zee award for best actress in a commercial play. Her “Eka Lagnachi Dusri Goshta” drama sitcom is getting rave reviews, high TRP rating and is one of the most popular marathi TV series of 2012. Her performance in the series is both acclaimed by critics as well as viewers.
Mukta made her film debut with the 2004 Marathi film Chakwa, and followed it with several productions including Thang, Maati Maay, Saavar Re and Ashok Saraf’s directorial debut Ek Daav Dhobi Pachhad.
In 2009, Mukta acted in the National Award winning film Jogwa, dealing with religion in rural India. Mukta played Suli, a Jogtin, a happy and innocent girl who is forced into a lifetime of servitude to the local deity, who enters a relationship with Tayappa, a forced eunuch portrayed by Upendra Limaye. To prepare for the role, Mukta studied the life of a Jogtini through photographs and by observing day-to-day rural behavior. Mukta also starred in the 2010 romantic film Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai in the role of a savvy Mumbai-based fashion designer, alongside Swapnil Joshi.
Mukta Barve Filmography :
Movies as Actress :
- Smile Please (2019)
- Wedding Cha Shinema (2019)
- Aamhi Doghi (2018)
- Mumbai Pune Mumbai 3 (2018)
- Hrudayantar (2017)
- YZ (2016)
- Ganvesh (2016)
- Mumbai Pune Mumbai – 2 (2015)
- Double Seat (2016)
- Highway – Ek Selfie Aarpar (2015)
- Mangalashtak Once More as Aarti (2013)
- Lagna Pahave Karun as Aditi Tilak (2013)
- Badam rani gulam chor as Pencil (2012)
- Aghaat as Doctor 2010
- Sumbaran (2010)
- Aika Dajiba (2010)
- Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai (2010)
- Thanks Maa as Prostitute (2010)
- Jogwa as Suli (2009) State Government award for Best Actress
- Ek Daav Dhobi Pachhad as Sulakshana (2009)
- Pail Te Sumbaraan as Kalyani-Kalli (2009)
- Saas Bahu Aur Sensex as Parimal (Hindi-2008)
- De Dhakka as Guest appearance (2008)
- Saawar Re as Mukta (2007)
- Maati Maay as Yashoda (2006)
- Thang as Guest appearance (2005)
- Blind game Detective (2006)
- Chakwa as Sister (2004)
TV Serials as Actress:
- Rudram as Ragini (Zee Yuva)
- Eka Lagnachi Dusri Goshta as (Zee Marathi)
- Amhi marathi pora hushar – Anchor Game Show
- Me Ek Bandu
- Indradhanushya (Zee Marathi)
- Aabhalmaya as Varsha (Zee Marathi)
- Shriyut Gangadhar Tipre as Yogita (Zee Marathi)
- Buwa aala
- Pimpal Paan(Zee Marathi)
- Ghadlay Bighadlay (Zee Marathi)
- Agnishikha as Kalika (ETV Marathi)
- Lajja as Lawyer (Zee Marathi)
- Agnihotra as Manjula (Star Pravah)
Marathi Natak / Drama/ Play/ Theatre as actress :
- Kabbadi Kabbadi (2008)
- Hum to Tere Ashiq Hai (2006)
- Final Draft (2005)
- Dehbhaan (2005)
- Chappa Kata (2013)
- Won the ‘Best Actress‘ PIFF Award [Pune International Film Festival, Pune, India] (2011) for film ‘Aghat’.
- Won the ‘Best Actress‘ MIFTA Award [Marathi International Film and Theatre Awards] (2010) for film ‘Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai’.
- Won the ‘‘Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar by ‘Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi’ for year 2009, in the field of theatre.
- Won the ‘Best Actress of the year ‘State Govt. of Maharashtra’ award’ for film ‘Jogwa’ (2008–09).
- Won the ‘Best Actress in Commercial Play’ of the year, State Govt. of Maharashtra award (2006–07) for Play ‘Kabaddi-Kabaddi’.
- Won the ‘Best Actress in Commercial Play’ of the year, Maharashtra Times Award (2006–07) for Play ‘Kabaddi-Kabaddi’.
- Won the ‘Best Actress in Commercial Play’ of the year, Zee Award (2006–07) for Play ‘Kabaddi-Kabaddi’.
- Won the ‘Best Actress in Commercial Play’ of the year, Maharashtra Times Award (2005–06) for Play ‘Final Draft’.
- Won the ‘Best Actress in Commercial Play’ of the year, Zee Award (2005–06) for Play ‘Final Draft’.
- Won the ‘Best Actress in Commercial Play’ of the year, State Govt. of Maharashtra award (2004–05) for Play ‘Hum to tere Ashiq Hai’.
- Won the ‘Best Actress in the Experimental Theatre’ of the year ’Alpha Gaurav Award’ presented by ‘Zee Television’ for the role in ‘Final Draft’. (2004–05).
- Won the ‘Most promising Newcomer in the films’ of the year ‘State Govt. of Maharashtra’ award’ for film ‘Chakwa’ (2004–05).
- Won the Best Supporting Actress of the year ’Alpha Gaurav Award’ presented by ‘Zee Television’ for the role in ‘Dehbhaan’ (2002–03).
- Won the Most Promising Newcomer of the year ‘Alpha Gaurav Award’ presented by ‘Zee Television’ (2002–03).