- Amelia Mulcahy is an Australian weather presenter, radio host and fashion ambassador, originally from Adelaide.
- Mulcahy has been working for 7News Adelaide since 2010, but has now taken a break for the rest of 2019 to take care of her newly born baby girl Grace.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Amelia grew up in Adelaide Hills & mentions that she is absolutely in love with South Australia.
- In 2018, she married publican Matt Mitchell in Crafers, Australia. The couple had started dating in 2012 when a mutual friend had set them up.
- The newlyweds chose to spend their honeymoon in the United States.
- Matt & Amelia welcomed their first child Grace Ida in June 2019. They were surprised to find out they had a girl since the couple had chosen not to know the gender of the baby until its birth.
Early Life & Education :
- Amelia attended Loreto College at Marryatville and furthered her studies, earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism at the University of South Australia, Magill Campus.
- Later on, in 2014, she completed an Introductory Meteorology Course at The Bureau of Meteorology.
- Amelia’s started off as a freelance journalist during and after her university years, followed by a period of time when she worked as a producer and writer for the website and social media channels of 7News Adelaide.
- During her time as a student at the University of South Australia, Amelia worked for their PR team and was offered an internship at Madison Magazine.
- Upon graduating, Mulcahy made her travel dreams come true as she went on a tour across Europe.
Television Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 2012, Amelia was awarded a full-time job with 7News, where she broadcasted for Sunrise, The Morning Show and other news programs of the same network.
- In 2014, she became the full-time Weather Presenter for Seven News.
- A few years later, Amelia took over another job, broadening her horizons and becoming the host of Adelaide’s hit107 radio show – Weekend Breakfast. She was on-air every Saturday morning together with James McCann and Andrew Hayes.
Other Work & Notable Contributions :
- A glamorous and elegant personality, Amelia was inevitably chosen to be a “Fashion at The Races Ambassador” in 2015.
- She hosted the Balaklava Fashions on the Field competition in 2015, serving as an inspiration for the young girls around her.
- Mulcahy is also a member of the Spence Club – a networking group for young South Australian women. There she helped create a stronger and more empowering support group for women in all fields of activity fighting inequality, mentoring one another and applauding each other’s successes.
- As of 2019, she is also an RSPCA South Australia Ambassador, fighting for animals’ welfare. They are an old charity dating from 1875 & provides a wide range of services for animals such as Adopt-a-Pet programs and animal rescue missions.
- Besides this, Amelia is also a South Adelaide Football Club ambassador, showing off her love for her hometown in one more way.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- According to her Instagram profile, Amelia calls herself a crazy dog lady. She has over 10,000 followers on the platform.
- She loves doing yoga, running and playing netball in her spare time.
- She claims that the best apple she has ever eaten are grown in Lenswood.
- Amelia is an ambassador for Parkinson’s and Down Syndrome South Australia services, getting herself involved in helping those in need every time she has a chance to.