Height: 165 cm
• Eye Color: Blackish Brown
• HairColor: Dark Brown
• Hair Length: Waist Length
• Complexion: Wheatish
• Vitals: 52-49-56
• Status: Single
• Passport: Issued in India (To expire in 2029)
• Location: Gurgaon (Delhi NCR)
Academic & Professional Qualification: Akanksha holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality from IHM Lucknow and has worked with hotels and airlines in the past. Currently, she’s works for a Leadership Hiring firm post her MBA in HR Management from FIIB New Delhi.
Interests: After work, she is usually found at her Boxing/Swimming sessions or alternatively, when at home spending time with a 2 year old niece or her 8 year old dog (Labrador). She looks for happiness in little things in life, is a nature and animal lover and takes music as her revelation. You would also see her passion for travel, photography and writing by following her on Instagram.
Modelling Journey: Her plus size modelling journey started two years back when she started to proactively start writing to brands as the plus size industry was picking up in India. She admired models like Ashley Graham, Denis Bidot, Ashley Alexis and Iskra and their resolve to fight against the issues if body shaming. Their journey amalgamated with snippets from her own journey and incidents of being shamed for being wheatish and plump as a child/teenager/young adult drove Akanksha to work on combating the issue of “Body Positivity” and is hoping to make a difference to people’s lives.
Following are a few highlights of my experience and my specifics:
- An Instagram Plus Size Body Positivity Influencer with a current following of 111K.
- Top finalist at Ms India Curvy 2019 beauty pageant and won the subtitle for Ms Beautiful Eyes 2019.
- Walked the ramp at Lotus Makeup India Fashion Week 2019 for plus size brand Inspiration The Curve by Prerna Asdul alongside Shikha Talsania.
- Modelled for ALL, plus size apparel brand as fashion shoot at Ms India Curvy.
- Have campaigned for several brands including The Plus Size Store, Xxllent, URBANIC, Parfait, Trinket Treasures by HS, aLL and have been featured on a lot of handles for plus size women.
- Recently featured in the URBANIC Body Positivity Campaign, #MyRightToWear 2019 alongside Delnaaz Irani and Kishwer Merchant.
- Have been a jury at Ms India Curvy 2020 auditions in Bangalore and have been delivering body positivity sessions beauty pageants including Ms India Curvy and Mrs Delhi NCR.
- Recently awarded Influencer of the Year Award _ Plus Size Category 2020 at Business Excellence Awards 2020 in Delhi, organized by Red Elixir Entertainment.
- Have done content for Social Media for Mrs Delhi NCR 2019 and Miss India Curvy 2020